||Head of Research at the National Bank of Ukraine
National Bank of Ukraine (NBU), the central bank of Ukraine, is seeking qualified candidates for the Head of Research position.
The NBU is committed to be the center of analytical excellence in economic and finance for supporting its policy decisions. The development of research function plays an important role in the fulfillment of this commitment as it attempts to improve staff performance, raise awareness and the level of common knowledge, and creates a proactive position and positive image of the NBU as a powerful analytical center.
The Head of Research position offers a unique opportunity to lead its delivery, develop and drive NBU´s research. The Head of Research has responsibility for shaping and coordinating research projects and activities across the NBU and for conducting their own high-quality research on key topics under the Research Priorities of the NBU.
• leading a team of academically oriented researchers;
• recruiting highly qualified researchers in economics to the Research Unit;
• fostering independent research publishable in international peer-reviewed journals;
• supporting applied research activities carried out in other units of NBU;
• supporting policy decisions at NBU by bridging the gap between academic research and policy issues;
• strengthening of coordination and cooperation of research at the international level with other central banks and academia;
• supervising NBU research publications;
• organizing conferences and seminars on topics of relevance for the NBU.
• a Ph.D. in economics or finance;
• a well-established track record of academic excellence with particular emphasis on high-quality publications in macroeconomics, monetary economics or related fields;
• demonstrated leadership skills;
• excellent analytical and communication skills;
• strong interpersonal and cooperation skills;
• research interest in the region;
• previous experience with research and policy formulation in central banks or international organizations would be an advantage;
• an excellent command of English (knowledge of Ukrainian is not required).
Salary is competitive and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications should be submitted electronically, to the Human Resource Department of the NBU . The application package should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and a recent research paper.
Selected candidates will be invited to meet with research staff and NBU officials and to give a seminar at the NBU.